Friday, September 16, 2005

I love having a sister that’s exactly my age!

I miss my best friend. For those of you who don’t know I have a twin sister who is studying abroad in Mexico this semester. You say “She’s only gone… for what 6 months. Big deal,” I say, have you shared every single important event in your life with another person? Probably not, but I have. From pre-school up until we left for separate colleges, we’ve been together. She’s been there when parents couldn’t, boyfriends wouldn’t and friends weren’t.
I’m at the time of my life when I need her the most. I have so many questions to ask her and thoughts to share with her, but I just can’t call her up. She’s gone out of the country before. What did I do then? I just called up her cell phone and left her several long messages. She was only gone for two weeks, tops. But 6 months! Good grief, what am I to do?

I found a way!
I’ve had the chance to chat with her on aim. It just isn’t the same as hearing her voice. Luckily, I’ve downloaded a program called Skype that will allow us to talk for free. I’m one microphone away from talking to my sister! I can’t wait.

No comments: