Friday, September 09, 2005

Georgia Southern Football!

Tomorrow I will be experiencing my first Georgia Southern football game. To say I’m not excited would be a lie. I am! I’m washing my one and only GSU t-shirt as I’m typing this. Which, by-the-way, was a recent purchase to jump start my growing school spirit.

A little back ground information: I’m working on my last year of my four year degree. Yes, yes I am a 5th year college student. It’s not so bad. I attended a two year school where I earned my associates degree in Agriculture. I had intentions of continuing on in the agriculture field, but at the last minute switched to English. Clemson soon turned into Georgia Southern. eeh, it happens. I’ve been here in Statesboro for about a year and half. This December makes 2 solid years. I have yet to fully attend a Georgia Southern football game. Tomorrow is a BIG DEAL!

Now dating an avid Georgia Southern fan, who happens to be a sports writer, I think it’s time for me to see what all the fun is about. I’ve done a little background work. I went to Eagle Ladies Locker Room to pick up a few tips. All I really learned was how to drink beer. Apparently, that’s all part of the game. I’ve got beer drinking down, now I can tailgate. Luckily, the Reflector (news-paper published once a month by GSU students) published a handy article called “Football for Dummies”. Now I have a slight understanding of the game. What this article failed to inform me of were all the traditions that go with the game. Who knew you had to get up at 9 AM and have breakfast with your buddies. Good grief Saturday is a day for sleep. The game doesn’t even start until 6. I don’t even understand all of this about tailgating in spot #13-7, or whatever spot. I got the look for asking questions on that one. As if I understand all the nuances that pertain to this pre-game stuff.

Anyway, I’m super excited about tomorrow’s game. (Don’t ask who we’re playing, I have no clue) I’m really just excited to get to experience something that my boyfriend loves. I’m crossing my fingers and hoping that I like it.

4 comments:

Luke said...

As someone married to a non-football fan, for Scott's sake, I hope you like it too!

Stacey said...

You can't help but love GSU football around that crew. I miss the tailgating, the games and all that comes along with it. You'll have a blast! Well, I guess by now the game's over ... you must post your thoughts!! :)

Anonymous said...

for the record:

Breakfast at snookys is at 7:00
Taigate begins at 8:00

Going to breakfast at 9 you miss 2 good drinking hours!

GATA EAGLES!

Anonymous said...

for the record:

Breakfast at Snookys is at 7:00
Tailgate begins at 8:00

Going to breakfast at 9 you miss 2 good drinking hours!

GATA EAGLES!