Tuesday, September 13, 2005

23-20

Things I learned at my first Georgia Southern game.

1.You never ever, ever, ever, ever say “I think were going to lose” even if we do.
2.If your Georgia Southern t-shirt is not navy blue, you will be ridiculed. All day people will say “That’s not a Georgia Southern t-shirt!” Doesn’t matter if it says Georgia Southern on it or not.
3.People become obnoxiously drunk and yell at each other. Just hope you aren’t in the firing zone getting a coke.
4.Obsessing over too many people bringing the same thing to the tailgate ( i.e. potato salad) is a waste of time. No one is going to bring it anyway.
5.You must stand up the entire game. This is actually very fun. Although, I don’t recommend jumping on those benches. Sometimes you end up jumping right off. This can be a bit of a shock: to you and the person in front of you.
6.You must take huge gulps of alcoholic drink while waiting to get into the stadium. This is very handy in keeping the buzz going.
7.Remember to bring water. It is a necessity.
8.Do not forget student ID

I have to say that my first Georgia Southern football game Rocked! Even though we lost, I couldn’t have picked a better team to lose to. The Cowboys really needed a morale booster. For those of you who don’t know, McNeese State is a team from Louisiana. A lot of the players had family in New Orleans, and the only things they had left were the things that they took to school with them. Football kept them going.

Overall, I think Georgia Southern football games are going to be something that the Sports Writer and I can do together. Georgia Southern is now our team.

No comments: