Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Weekend Update

1.Scott and I saw Elizabethtown. I’m sure that Scott will be writing a review of the movie soon, so I’ll let you check that out on his blog. I will say that I was super excited that a Fleetwood Mac song was included. The producer was, after all, Cameron Crowe.
2. Saturday I ran in the Hoofin’ for Habitat race. I had a really great time. My first race. I was runner number 110. I am very proud of myself; I completed the race and am enthused about doing another. I did learn a few things.

A)Eating breakfast is a must. Energy is a good thing.
B)5k doesn’t mean 5 miles. I’m not up on the metric system,but I soon figured it out.
C)Everyone there was super supportive, good people who care about being healthy.

3. Scott went to the seafood festival, which he and a fellow coworker and our friend worked. We had a good time, ate some good seafood, checked out the redneck Savannah folks.
4. Sunday my good buddy Crystal caned down and we went to the Widespread Panic concert. It was a great show; I danced my butt of, doing what Scott refers to as the hippie, widespread fly swatting groove. I’m sure he will correct me if my terminology is wrong, but you get the idea. And that, my friends, was my weekend. Now I’m doing school groove.



I know I said I was planning on doing a weekly Fleetwood Mac blog, and even when Derek sarcastically said “Good luck with that” I still thought I could do it. Turns out it happens to be a bit more work than I had expected. And, although, I still want to do it I think it may have to wait until school and life isn’t quite so hectic. I’ll be just as surprised as you are if I manage to post something soon.

No comments: