Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Hoofin’ for Habitat

I’ve decided to put my exercise plan to the test by running a 5k for Habitat for Humanity. Monday I went to the RAC (School’s gym) to jog on the treadmill, while I was there I noticed that they had different runs advertised. A light came on. I thought “Hey, what better way to keep me motivated then to sign up for scheduled runs.” I decided that running for a charity would be a much better plan for me. I would not only be supporting a good cause, but I won’t be quite as embarrassed for walking when other people will be walking as well. Then maybe I can work up to real, serious races. Maybe Not. Come October 15 we will see how well I do. To prepare I’ve downloaded the 5k course, which happens to be on Georgia Southern’s campus, and I plan on giving it a go today. I know many of you will be traveling away to support Georgia Southern football, or headed to Savannah for the seafood festival (which I hope to still make). But for those of you remaining in the 'boro' for the weekend, come out and join me. It should be a blast.

No comments: