Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Fleetwood Mac

After cruising around other people’s blogs, I’ve noticed a few things. 1. Some people become super personal 2. There is good writing and bad writing 3. A lot of people come up with really cool themes that not only represent their personality, but also keep readers interested in what they have to say. I’ve seen people who use only song titles for all of their blog titles, very cool. One guy is writing about where he went wrong in all of his past relationships, starting from the very beginning. Interesting to say the least. So, I’ve decided to 1. Avoid the personal stuff as much as possible, while still keeping those who read my blog from a distance updated. 2. I’m going to work on having decent writing. Hopefully the bad grammar won’t be off putting, and I do my best to catch all miss-spelled words. 3. I’m creating a theme of sorts.

What does this have to do with the tile you say? Well, I decided to take something that I’m interested in, Fleetwood Mac, and make it apart of my blog. Here’s the plan: once a week I hope to write something Fleetwood Mac related, or review a Fleetwood Mac song. Just for the record, I’m considering Stevie Nicks as part of Fleetwood Mac, but I will also include some of her personal records in some of the topics. This not only provides a theme for my blog, but also gives me a chance to see how music has affected my life. As for you the reader, hopefully you will be entertained. If nothing else you’ll have proof as to what a huge dork I am.

A little Introduction:

Fleetwood Mac
A band that has served as friend, lover, and psychologist all in one, beginning with the first time I heard “Rhiannon.” Unfortunately, I’m a little young to have ever been apart of the Fleetwood Mac generation. I hopped on the Fleetwood Mac bandwagon at the very end of the band’s career. I missed the drugs, the crazy love affairs, and the wild concerts, but I’ve got the lasting music produced from such an erotic life style. Here’s the band.

Lindsey Buckingham: Singer and plays guitar
Stevie Nicks: Singer and plays the tambourine.
Mick Fleetwood: Drummer
Christine McVie: Keyboardist and singer
John McVie: Bassists

No comments: