Wednesday, October 12, 2005

I dont know



When you have a question you can’t answer. I have the perfect answer. I don’t know. I’ve figured out the secret to everything.  Having to make all of these life decisions is stressing me out. So, I’ve made a decision to not make any decisions. Good Plan   Now I can concentrate on the here and now without worrying about what I’m going to do next May.  Good Plan.  
Ok, so maybe this is too much of a Bridget Jones’ solution, but it really is the best I’ve got for right now.

On to another question: Are towns really like “The Gilmore Girls’” Stars Hollow?  I seem to have found my way to Statesboro, Georgia and I think I could live here if things were as cute and quaint as Stars Hollow. Unfortunately, Statesboro has all of the small town gossip, usual small town job opportunities and Wal-mart.  Don’t get me wrong Statesboro is really growing on me, but wouldn’t it be cute to be able to walk around Statesboro like Lorelai and Rory walk around Stars Hollow. Okay, soo it’s just a thought, but it would be really fun. I want the nice clothes and perfect hair too. Owning a successful Inn would top things off.    

That random thought just brought me to another. Tonight’s episode of “Gilmore Girls” had me totally relating to Rory. When last season ended Rory was told that her dreams would never come true, she would never be a successful journalist. What does Rory do? She runs away. Instead of standing up and fighting for her dreams and goals, she decides to quit Yale and move in with her Grandparents. As a dedicated fan of Gilmore Girls and Rory, I’ve been really pissed off with Rory’s lack of strength.  Tonight I totally supported Rory’s escape from realty.  Shouldn’t people, even extremely motivated and goal orientated people be allowed to take breaks.          

Basically, what all of this rambling comes down to is me trying to wrap my brain around what to do about the future, and how that decision should effect the present. (question: does anyone else analyze the words effect and affect every single time you use them. It’s so annoying. It’s like then and than. You swear you know when to use the correct word, but you end up going back and second guessing yourself.) Less rambling and more interesting post planned for tomorrow.    

No comments: