Tuesday, January 24, 2006

January Workout update

I’m on the horse, as Stacey likes to say, the workout horse that is. This is week 3 of the great workout plan and I’ve hit a wall.

I feel like I’m doing things right: Cardio Monday, Wednesday and Friday and weights on Tuesday and Thursday with some cardio. But week three has found me weak and tired. When I’m jogging on the treadmill my arms feel sooo heavy and I have to really force myself to push through.

Today, which is weights and cardio day, I almost gave up. I did my weight training with the intention of hopping on an elliptical for a few minutes. So when the time came for cardio, of course, all the machines were full. I just decided to forget it and leave. But as fate would have it a girl got off the elliptical as I was walking out, and I took it as a sign and hopped right on. It was a good workout.

But here’s the deal: I put back on the 1 pound that I had lost over the past 2 week and added half a pound. ADDED! Talk about disappointment. I know I know muscle is stronger then fat and that’s probably where the weight came from. Maybe I should just change my weigh in day from Tuesday to Wednesday. I don’t know. I’m just going to push on through and hope for the best.

I hope everyone else’s is doing well with the New Year resolutions. Just think the first month is almost over!

No comments: