Thursday, January 26, 2006

Childhood Books

I’ve been pretty laid back this week so, I don’t have any interesting stories to tell or anything to complain about. Because, well:

1. I spend my free time going to the gym.
2. If I’m not at the gym I’m sleeping.
3. If I’m not at the gym or sleeping I’m in class.

I don’t even go to the library anymore. I’m becoming a homebody.

My substitute roommate and I made plans yesterday to go and eat Mexican together. This is something we do. It’s kinda been our thing. But today I was to worn out from sleeping to want to go out. (Yes from sleeping, and that is why I’m up at 12 writing a blog) Instead I ate a frozen pizza and watched the national news. I don’t even have a minor adventure to write about. I don’t think going to the bank to deposit my financial aid check counts.


I though I would leave you guys with my reading list from my Literature for Adolescents class.

Holes Louis Sachar
Bud, Not Buddy Christopher Paul Curtis
The Bicycle Man David L. Dudley (The Department Chair)
Walk Two Moons Sharon Creech
When Zachary Beaver Came to Town Kimberly Willis Holt
Behind the Mountains Edwidge Danticat
Under The Blood-Red Sun Graham Salisbury
Leaving Home Hazel Rochman and Darlene Z. McCampbell
Speak Laurie Halse Anderson
Rainbow Boys Alex Sanchez
godless Pete Hautman
whale talk Chris Crutcher

Let me know if any of you guys read any of these books as an adolescent. For that matter, let me know what you guys read growing up. I was a huge Judy Bloom fan myself. I loved her “Fudge” books and Blubber was a huge hit with me because, well I was the chubby kid. Who can forget Are you There God? It’s Me, Margaret. I was really into the series books: The Boxcar Children, Nancy Drew, Sweet Valley High, Goose Bumps and the list goes on. I loved C.S. Lewis as well. The Magician’s Nephew was oddly one of my favorites, second to The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe.

No comments: