Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Paste

Scott found this amazing music magazine, Paste, which I promptly stole from him. I did ask first, so technically I’m not a thief. I believe that he is planning on writing about it on his blog, but he is taking way to long so I’m writing about it myself.

Paste Magazine is an independent music magazine. It is produced bi-monthly and features musicians, reviews music (of course), along with films and books. It’s classy, it’s cool, the writing is amazing and this month Paste is featuring one of my favorite artists, Fiona Apple.

Unlike many of you old fogies, Fiona Apple got me through my adolescent years. When the music video for “Criminal” came out I was memorized. I was awe struck by Apple’s ability to create such emotional intensity. At that point in my life Stevie Nicks was a huge influence, but because she was older, I felt that age created her mystique. Apple taught me that depth can be found in the young, that I, too, had the right to feel.

Paste also comes with a free CD and DVD. The CD Scott has, so I haven’t had the opportunity to check it out, but I really enjoyed the DVD. It features short films; one of my favorites was Dear Sweet Emma, and music videos.

I’m sleepy and it’s time for bed so go check out Scott’s new find for your self.

No comments: