Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Is it summer

Is it summer?

At this time of year most people spend nights huddled in their beds trying to keep as much heat in as possible. I, however, have my one window open, I’m sleeping in as little as possible and I’ve still woken up sweating and miserable. Tomorrow night I plan on putting the box fan back in the window. Thank You roommates!

My roommate is from Zimbabwe and has not seen her mother in 5 years. Her mother has recently arrived for graduation and the Holidays, and being an older lady she requires more heat. This is why our apartment temperature is roughly 85 degrees. At least this is what it was when I went to bed tonight.

I love my parents. I really like Pippa’s mom. I just wish when parents came to visit they didn’t disrupt your entire life. I hate sweating in the summer. I hate it even more in the fall/winter. And I really hate it when I have a cold and heat makes breathing more of a task than it already is.

Parents, I love ya but next time rent a hotel!

No comments: